Tuesday, May 1, 2007

My dog ate it...I lost track of time...My computer is on the fritz...I fell down a well


I was looking for a nice "Sorry" image to apologize for not posting in a long time, and I came across this website. I realize that I'm a little behind on the times, but I thought it was a cool project. According to the website, 26,000 people responded after the 2004 election. Reading the apologies really pulls you right back to that period in time. Politics are so ugly.

One of the things that came out of the photo project was the Civil Tongue Foundation. The idea was to "promote polite, reasonable and content-based dialogue between the multitudes of American political viewpoints." You can imagine my enthusiam and child-like gullibilty that a grassroots movement to end Jerry Springer-esque mud-slinging, trash-talking and issue-spinning exists. A few Google searches later, I came to realize that the Foundation didn't have the legs for a long haul. Couldn't find anything on it. Too bad, because if the next election is decided on smoke screen issues like gay marriage, faith & family values, I might just decide to stay in the Middle East where people are rational.

I'll write more about what's what here later on...

No comments: